You all know how much I love a good sound machine – and that I use to be a big fan of the Conair Sound Therapy Sound Machine. It was my go-to sound machine early in my Newborn Care Specialist career. But a few years ago, there was a shortage of them and they were really hard to find on Amazon.
To say I panicked for a brief moment is an understatement.
But then I remembered that I’d been testing out a new sound machine that I really enjoy – more so than the Conair.
I stumbled across the LectroFan by accident – and I’m glad I did, especially since the other one was out of stock.
What I like most about LectroFan
There are several reasons the Lectrofan stands out to me. I’ve listed those reason below:
- It’s very compact. It makes it very easy to transport.
- The sound for both the fan and white noise is true. There isn’t any looping like you hear in other sound machines.
- It can run both continuously or on a 60 min timer.
- It has 20 different fan and white noise options for you to choose from
- Its volume range is fantastic
- There are no lights on the device which can be stimulating to us.
- It can be plugged into both the wall or a computer to be powered
The few cons I’ve found to the LectroFan
I’ve only found two minor things I don’t like about the Lectrofan but aren’t that big of a deal with all of its benefits.
- It doesn’t have a battery option.
- The cord is a bit too short for my liking
- The Lectrofan is expensive with a price tag of about $49 on both Amazon and the official Lectrofan site.
So, there’s no need to panic as I did about the Conair sound machine not being on Amazon anymore. The LectroFan is a much better sound machine option in my opinion. It’s one I will continue to recommend to my clients from now on.
Now that I have told you about the Lectrofan, I’d love to hear your thoughts on it. Have you used it? What did you like and not like about it?
PS, Interested in trying the Lectrofan for yourself, you can get one here on Amazon.